Birth Experience
Emily Guy
Millcreek, Nova Scotia

On Feb 12th, 2020 was the start of how our precious boy entered the world. It all started with a few contractions during the night then went away as morning came. My fiancé woke up for work in the morning and I didn’t think too much of it, I thought to myself this is just the start. I encouraged him to go to work and that I was fine. As the day went on I was packing the rest of my hospital bag, mopping my floors (because why not?) ensuring my house was clean and that everything was in order. I was 4 days over due and still putting odds and ends in my bag because as a first time mom you can never be prepared enough. I showered and got myself ready as if I was heading out for a date night. I wanted our first picture together to be a good one. I had a vision in my mind how it would all go down. An easy labour and cute pictures, boy was I wrong lol! My fiancé got home around 6:30pm, he showered and got himself ready and off we went. In the back of my mind I kind of thought they were going to send us home and tell us to come back in the morning. After being checked out, they sent me for an hour long walk. Most of that time was spent holding onto the railing trying to get through those awful contractions. Fast forward 12 hours later of being in labour, multiple doctor and OBGYN checks, they have decided the only way my precious boy would enter the world safety was by emergency c-section. It was both the scariest and happiest moment all in one. We were finally going to meet him. I couldn’t wait to see what he looked like and to hold him for the first time. The nurse held him up and put him closely to my face and then rushed him to the NICU to ensure he was okay. After spending an hour in recovery it was finally time for me to hold him, I never wanted to put him down. I was so in love! I am super grateful for the nurses, surgeons and doctors. They were nothing short of amazing. We are enjoying life at home with our sweet boy Maverick and our fur baby Jagger!